Stewards and Enthusiasts
in the Lochsa Backcountry
We are very blessed to have this phenomenal country we play in. We want to always give back to it where we can. These public lands need our time and assistance. Agencies who traditionally maintained and supported these lands have seen considerable funding cuts. Our Club/Team can make a difference and we want to give back. Look for details in our events section.
Working closely with the U.S .Forest Service, these are example programs we currently participate in:
- Clearing roads of wind fall for allowing motorized access (year-round).
- Clearing and maintaining trails designated for motorized access (single track and other).
- Re- painting and/or restoring historic Look-Outs.
- Opening campgrounds after winter closure.
- Falling snag trees in areas of high access.
- Search and rescue.
- Wilderness first responders.
- Firewood for the elderly program.
- And more…